Just 4 ingredients for these easy pumpkin and chocolate quesadillas. An easy and filling snack after school snacks for busy afternoons.
Well the first day of fall was yesterday, so that means it is time to dive into all things pumpkin. My 5 year old is so excited every time we see a pumpkin in the store. Might as well enjoy it, before we are bombarded with peppermint!
Now that school has started, I definitely need fast and easy snacks. Quesadillas are always delicious, but I usually make them pretty traditional with cheese. Today I decided to share a sweet version using pumpkin and chocolate. The kids really enjoyed these, and they are already asking for them again so I guess that’s a good sign.
These literally take minutes to whip up. Just 4 ingredients! Use whole wheat wraps for a healthier spin on it. There is not a ton of sugar, since the chocolate is also sweet and I want this to be a snack not dessert. The sugar can be adjust to taste, I actually think this could be a rather nice dessert with maybe a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- 15 Ounces (1 Can) Cooked Pumpkin
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks
- 8 Flour Tortilla
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl stir together the pumpkin, sugar and chocolate. Spread the pumpkin mixture over half of each tortilla and then fold the tortilla over in half. Place the tortillas on the preheated skillet and cook approximately two minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Continue with remaining tortillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- *optional* Brush the non-stick skillet with butter before cooking for extra flavor!