An easy banana chocolate chip cake perfect for after school snacking!
What do you like to make for an afternoon snack? The hours between lunch and dinner can be so long. I have a sweet to tooth that needs to be sated with my cup of tea. Side note, do people in England still stop for tea? I really should move somewhere with afternoon tea. And siestas, I could go for one of those everyday too 😉
But step aside dainty tea sandwiches, we have a new tea time favorite. Chocolate chip banana cake is simple, hearty, and sweet. The perfect treat for any afternoon. The kids, finished up with school, will be so happy to take a break with a piece or 2 of this cake. I like to serve it warm, the chocolate all melty and delicious. Who can resist?
- 1 and ¾ Cups (8 Ounces) White Whole Wheat Flour
- ⅔ Cup (4.6 Ounces) Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted and Cooled
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 Medium or Large Bananas, Very Ripe
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl mash the bananas. Add the eggs and milk to the bananas and beat together. Add the banana mixture and the melted butter to the flour. Stir gently just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with just a very few moist crumbs. Place pan on cooling rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
More Banana Love!