Easy no-bake pumpkin cheesecake mousse with chocolate cookie crumbs and cinnamon whipped cream.
Don’t have time to make a full blown pumpkin cheesecake or pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving? I’ve got an easy alternative with these no-bake pumpkin cheesecake mousse cups. Fluffy pumpkin mousse over a layer of crunchy cookie crumbs makes a great contrast in flavor and texture. Add a little cinnamon whipped cream to make this over top amazing.
We ate these actually quite some time back. While watching The Great British Bake-off on PBS. Somehow I made a dessert one night, and the kids called it a tradition. I’m pretty sure it was to rope me into making something every Sunday. Which I proceeded to do. I’m gullible like that. But sneaky smart too, since I also get to eat the yummy treats, including *cough* maybe a second serving after everyone’s asleep 😉
I thought it was over when the show ended, but that lasted like 3 seconds. Masterchef Jr., and the Holiday British Bake-off are starting up! More desserts? It’s not a bad thing. It may sound like we watch a lot of t.v., but I promise we really don’t. We don’t even have cable. It’s just that there are so few family friendly t.v. programs out there, its wonderful when we do find something everyone, from teenager on down to preschooler, can enjoy. Right?
Using store bought cookies, this can be whipped together in under 30 minutes. Easy to double or even triple the recipe. These cups were pretty large, so it could be put into something a little smaller. It’s hard to say exactly how many this will make, since it will greatly depend on that glass size, but the ones pictured made 4 from one batch. I have quite a few shot glasses, but not for drinking, just to serve cute little desserts. Or put the whole thing into one small trifle dish.
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ Cup (3.5 Ounces) Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon, Divided
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (Not Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- 1 and ½ Cups Heavy Cream, Divided
- 3 Tablespoons Confectioners Sugar, Divided
- 1 and ¼ Cups Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar and beat for another minute. Add in ½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin puree, beat until the mixture is mostly smooth. The pumpkin will prevent it from becoming completely smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip 1 cup the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add in the 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar and continue beating the heavy cream just until stiff peaks form. Stir ⅓ of the heavy cream into the pumpkin mixture, this will loosen it up. Gently fold the remaining whipped cream in, one half at a time.
- Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together.
- Whip the remaining ½ heavy cream with 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Stir in ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- To assemble the dessert: Divide the cookie crumb mixture into the bottoms of 4 glasses. Gently spoon the pumpkin mousse on top of the cookie crumbs. Top with a spoonful of cinnamon whipped cream.