So I was thinking to myself recently, “could I possibly make my desserts even smaller, therefore ensuring I can eat more?”
The answer my friends, is yes, yes I can.
These teeny tiny bite size cookies are irresistibly adorable. And my inner Freud tells me it is much more satisfying to eat a handful of cookies than just one or two.
These guys are double chocolate, because we all know two chocolates are better than one.
Greg insisted on calling these nuggets. I explained how I couldn’t name them that, SEO and all. But I don’t know, maybe we could be creating a trend. What do you think, cookie nuggets all across America?
I don’t think anyone could resist this bite size goodness. Dark and Fudgy stuffed full of walnuts and chocolate, yup these are definitely a winner.
Don’t like cookie nuggets? That’s okay, we can still be friends. Bake them like regular cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- 8 Tablespoons (4 Ounces) Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup (3.5 Ounces) Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- ⅓ Cup (1 Ounce) Cocoa Powder
- 1 and ½ Cups White Unbleached Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Walnuts, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then mix again. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet just until combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Use a teaspoon to measure out tiny cookies. Place the cookies on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 7 and ½ minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.