Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites – You can’t eat just one!
Peanut Butter. Cheesecake. Little bites of goodness to pop in your mouth. Disguised as a traditional chocolate truffle, what a surprise to get a mouthful of smooth, creamy cheesecake.
These guys are so much easier than a full out cheesecake. No worries about cracks or water baths, no need to even turn the oven on. Yet all the yummy flavor of a traditional cheesecake.
Chocolate and peanut butter are definitely best friends, so they were an obvious choice. Although the truffles are pure peanut butter cheesecake, I rolled them in a sweet coating of cocoa. I made a second batch that had mini chocolate chips in the cheesecake. The mini chips made them a bit harder to roll, but the taste was worth it!
If there is any concern about the messiness of rolling these guys in dark cocoa, plain confectioners sugar would be a great substitute. I don’t know about you, but I always walk away with a bit of chocolate on my shirt 🙁
I tried these both frozen and not, and they are great either way! I think the frozen version would be super cute on a lollipop stick. Either way, for a hot summer party these guys will soften up quickly. They will be easier to eat if served right away.
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¾ Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- ½ Tablespoon Sour Cream or Yogurt
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, honey and sour cream until the mixture is smooth and fluffy. Place bowl in freezer for 30-60 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Take the peanut butter mixture from the freezer and scoop out small balls. Roll the dough lightly between your hands to form the balls, working quickly so that it doesn't start to melt. Take the balls and roll them in the cocoa.
- The balls can be refrigerated or frozen.
Never Miss a Yummy Recipe!
Follow The Well Floured Kitchen on