I can’t believe it’s the end of August already! This marks one year of doing Mystery Dish – I’ve had so much fun since the very first month when I made Cheddar Bacon Monkey Bread. We are celebrating our 1 year anniversary with a giveaway- more on that in a bit. Even though Mystery Dish was originally planned for one year, we’ve been having such a great time we are going to continue- yay!
Our host this month was Andi from The Weary Chef. She came up with a great list that included:
gluten-free flour (coconut, rice, almond, etc.)
red pepper flakes
I originally planned to head in a savory direction with fish, but I happened to make some drop scones earlier in the week and was hooked. If you are intimidated by scones – this is the recipe for you! I knew I had to share asap and changed my ingredient choices. Spelt flour already has a natural nuttiness to it, so pistachios seemed like a perfect fit.
Pistachios aren’t the first nut I grab to bake with, so it was nice to have a little change of pace. But I warn you, it’s hard to create a 1/2 cup of shelled pistachios if you are snacking along the way 😉
My husband came up with the blueberry compote as an accompaniment. Blueberries are his absolute favorite fruit, and cooked into a compote they make a nice thick topping for the scones.
The family declared these as “scuffins”. I described what I was making as a cross between a scone and a muffin – hence the portmanteau. I think they are all a little disappointed their name didn’t make it into the title. My explanation of Google algorithms and the nonexistent number of people looking up “scuffin recipes” was met with blank stares.
If you’re lucky, there will be leftover blueberry compote. Save it for pancakes, ice cream, or just eating off a spoon…
Now for the giveaway details! Our group was inspired by the Masterchef show so we have decided to giveaway two cookbooks from past Masterchef winners. My Italian Kitchen by Luca Manfe and Recipes from My Home Kitchen by Christina Ha can be yours by entering the giveaway form below! Good Luck!
Check out the all the delicious creations made by the other Mystery Dish Bloggers-
- Tuna Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa by The Weary Chef
- Blueberry Scones by Yummy Healthy Easy
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia by Culinary Couture
- Minty Berry Fruit Roll Ups by I Want Crazy
- Baked Blueberry Donuts by Chez CateyLou
- Hearty Minestrone Soup by Joyful Healthy Eats
- Blueberry Lemon Pannacotta with Pistachio Tuiles by Flavor the Moments
- Minty Turkey Meatballs with Quinoa by The Pajama Chef
- Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake by I Dig Pinterest
- Pistachio Drop Scones with Blueberry Compote by The Well Floured Kitchen
- Grilled Corn & Blueberry Flatbread with Whipped Goat Cheese, Pistachios, and Basil Vinaigrette by Baking a Moment
- Pistachio Crusted Tilapia and Peach Salad by Blahnik Baker
Check out where I share my posts on the Link Party Page.
Never miss a yummy recipe!