It’s time for another mystery dish challenge! Another month gone by. Can you believe it’s almost June? I see everyone posting about kids getting out of school. Not sure where in the country this happens since I’ve only ever lived in Massachusetts, but schools here are still in session for at least another 3 weeks. Including our home school (mwahaha – inserts evil laugh )
So even though my thermostat says 62 this morning and I am all snuggled up, I continue to pretend that spring is in full swing. I will share with you a cute little appetizer or side dish that would be great at any summer BBQ. Our mystery dish ingredients this month were chosen by Cate over at ChezCateyLou. The choices were:
-peanut butter chips
-whole wheat pastry flour
I chose edamame, basil and included a variation for using lemon in the recipe. The salad was yummy all alone, but what makes this spectacular are the wonton cups.
Crunchy crunch. Why does crunching on something make it more satisfying? These are baked not fried, using olive oil, so crunch away.
Plus they make an elegant (or adorable depending on which appeals at the time) presentation.
Check out the creations from all our mystery dish chefs!
1. Raspberry Lemon Sweet Roll Cake with Buttermilk Glaze – Baking a Moment
2. Twice Baked Zucchini Boat – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
3. Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Raspberry Mint Compote – Blahnik Baker
4. Lemon-Raspberry Bundt Cake – I Dig Pinterest
5. Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – The Dessert Chronicles
6. Mini Coconut Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting – I Want Crazy
7. Zucchini Noodles with Meat Mushroom Tomato Sauce – Joyfully Healthy Eats
8. Baked Wonton Cups Filled with Edamame Corn Salad – The Well Floured Kitchen
9. Easy 30 Minute Orange Rolls – Yummy Healthy Easy
10. BBQ Chicken Salad with Jalapeno Basil Ranch Dressing – The Pajama Chef
11. Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes – Culinary Couture
12. Zucchini Muffins with Lemon Glaze – The Weary Chef
13. Lemon Bundt Cake – Chez CateyLou