I’m a traditional kind of girl. Popcorn should only be served with generous amounts of butter and salt. That’s it. Or so I thought. My husband had long encouraged the idea of please doing something interesting with our popcorn. Since he was sweet enough to read the mystery ingredients to me over the phone as I was in the store shopping, it was time to give it a try.
Or perhaps he only shared the ingredients that conveniently worked for this recipe. Clever. He was as usual correct. The flavored popcorn was a hit. Thanks to our mystery dish host Jen for a great list of ingredients. Check out the rest of this month’s list over at her blog Yummy Healthy Easy.
Cilantro lime gives the popcorn a wonderful kick. Kinda reminds me of flavored chips, but without all the unhealthy processing. Popcorn is one of our favorite inexpensive healthy snacks, I pop it on the stove in a stainless steel popper using a bit of coconut oil. My absolute favorite organic brand is Eden topped with a bit of grass fed butter and we can indulge uninhibited.
We only have one problem surrounding this popcorn addiction. The smoke alarm is directly downwind of the stove. I never burn the popcorn, but something about the cooking process sets that baby off. Every time, without fail. It’s now a rather comical process of opening windows and furiously fanning the fire detector.
1. Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake by Culinary Couture
2. Pineapple Cashew Quinoa “Fried Rice” by Blahnik Baker
3. Chili Lime Popcorn by The Pajama Chef
4. Cilantro Lime Hummus by The Weary Chef
5. Gluten Free White Bean Brownies by Yummy Healthy Easy
6. Homemade Popcorn with Cilantro Lime Butter by The Well Floured Kitchen
7. Tex-Mex Chickpea Salad by Joyful Healthy Eats
8. Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomato by Chez Catey Lou
9. Key Lime Pie Popcorn by I Dig Pinterest
10. Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole by I Want Crazy
11. Frozen Pineapple Cilantro Mojito by Baking a Moment
12. Pretzel Caramel Crunch by The Dessert Chronicles
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon links which are affiliate links from which I will earn commission. More on my affiliate link policy.