I am so excited to share with you all a new adventure for The Well Floured Kitchen! I have joined up with a great group of bloggers to do a “Mystery Dish” recipe challenge. Once a month we will be presented with a mystery box of ingredients and each blogger will create a unique and delicious recipe.
Without further ado, the ingredients in September’s box were:
Check out the tasty creations of the other bloggers for this month:
Doesn’t the list just scream fall? Just makes me want to cozy up in the kitchen with some of these delicious recipes.
Have you ever made maple glazed bacon? I highly recommend you make much more than the recipe calls for, so you can enjoy it all week in recipes like eggs baked in cream
. Baking your bacon is also so much easier (and less messy!) than traditional stovetop cooking.
I simply used my honey whole wheat sandwich bread recipe as the base. To make a pull apart loaf, I simply rolled small pieces of dough in butter, and then into the crumbled bacon and cheese. The bits of dough are then piled into a regular loaf pan to rise.
Cheesy Bacon Monkey Bread
- 1/2 Recipe Sandwich Bread Dough After 1st Rise
- 4 Oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Oz. Bacon
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, Melted
- Lay slices of bacon on a baking sheet and cook in a 400° oven for 15 minutes. Take out of oven and brush slices with maple syrup. Return bacon to oven and continue cooking until browned, approximately 5 more minutes. Allow bacon to cool and then crumble.
- Punch down dough and cut into 30 pieces. Gently roll each piece into a ball. Dip each ball into the butter, then roll in the cheese and bacon. Place pieces into a greased 8x4 inch bread pan. Cover and allow to rise 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
Copyright 2013 The Well Floured Kitchen
Shared with: Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Time to Sparkle and Super Saturday Link Party, Lovely Ladies Linky