What are Energy Power Balls? They are a mix of delicious goodies held together with peanut butter and honey. They have a consistency similar to fudge with a chewy texture. Maybe I should have named this recipe power fudge. Hmm..
We’ve always made some kind of Energy Balls or Power Balls as a quick snack. Easy enough to be whipped up in a few minutes, great for when growling tummies are waiting. Today I decided to change things up a bit, and make them in bar form.
Make a batch on Sunday to pop into lunchboxes all week. These are also great before sports practice and games, a great alternative to those packaged energy bars.
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Natural Shredded Coconut
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
Ready for the instructions?
Dump all ingredients into food processor and turn on until they are well blended.
Phew, take a break if necessary.
Spread into pan.
Makes about 25 squares. Store in refrigerator.
Tips and Substitutions:
- Butter can replace the coconut oil.
- Seeds can be replaced with nuts such as almonds or walnuts.
- Peanut butter can be replaced with another nut butter.
- Shape into balls instead of squares.
- Can be stirred by hand.