A quick easy and yummy treat. Mini muffins for our mini friends coming over for a playdate. Shh.. don’t tell them how healthy they are!
- 2 1/4 cups (10 oz) White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Sucanat (or sugar)
- 1/2 cup Melted Coconut Oil or Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Organic Milk
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- Zest of one Orange (optional)
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (optional)
While mixing, slowly drizzle in melted oil. The reason for this is that coconut oil is a solid below approx 76°. Since your egg, juice and milk are cold, if you try to mix them with the oil, the oil will solidify into little chunks. This does not make for good muffins.
Bake about 15 minutes at 375°. They are done when toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan as soon as possible to finish cooling.
Tips and Substitutions:
- Coconut Oil can be replaced by melted butter.
- Muffins can be topped with all sorts of fun stuff: flax seeds, oats, sunflower seeds, cinnamon sugar..get creative!
- Can be made into regular size muffins. Bake about 20-25 minutes at 375°.
Shared with Melt In Your Mouth Monday.